Slow Cooker Italian Beef Wrap
- Slow Cooker
- 3 lb. Chuck, roast trimmed of visible fat and cut intolarge chunks*
- 1 envelope Good Seasons Zesty Italian salad dressing mix or your favorite Italian seasoning mix
- 8 oz Pepperoncini pepper slices + 1 to 2 teaspoons of the juice
- 8 oz Giardiniera (Chicago-Style Italian Sandwich Mix,) drained
- 1 (14.5oz) can Beef broth
- 8 Flatbreads
- 8 slices Provolone cheese
- In a slow 6-quart slow cooker, place chuck roast and sprinkle Italian salad dressing mix. Add pepperoncini plus a couple teaspoons juice, Giardiniera and beef broth. Move chuck around to get broth underneath. Cook on low for 9 hours,or until meat shreds easily with a fork. Shred with a fork and cook on low for another hour.
- Place flatbread on a plate and layer with prepared shredded meat and provolone cheese slices. Top with additional pepperoncini peppers and Giardiniera, if desired.