- 1 pound ground turkey, beef or ground meat plant alternative
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (optional – extends the meat and adds another vegetable!)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 8 hamburger buns (or 16 slider buns)
- In a large skillet, cook the meat, onion, green pepper, and garlic powder over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the pumpkin, ketchup, mustard, chili powder and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat; simmer, uncovered 10 minutes.
- Serve on buns and enjoy!